Study permit

Is a document issued by CIC that allows a foreign individual to study in Canada for a limited time, generaly at a specific Canadian educational institution and in specific program. Most international students will require a Study Permit to study in Canada. Howewer, there are some exceptions. 

A Study Permit is not required in the following circumstances:

*  for a course or program with a duration of six months or less

*  for a minor child already in Canada, whose parents have legal status other than Visitor  

*  for the family or staff of a foreign representative to Canada


Work Permit


There are numerous categories or provisions by which a foreign worker can seek a work permit in Canada such as:

*  Youth Program visas such as the Student Work Away Program, Student Work Holiday Program, and others conducted through organizations such as BUNAC, SWAP, and IEC; Free Trade Agreement (CCFTA), or the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS); International Treaties such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the Canada Chile

*  Situations in which there is evidence of a Significant Benefit to Canada, including intra-company transfers, spousal programs, and other circumstances in which there is a social, cultural, or economic benefit to Canada;

*  Human Resources and Skills Development Canada confirmed offers of employment (also known as Service Canada LMIA);

The selection of the proper classification under which an application is submitted will affect your eligibility for a Canadian work visa. However, it can also have a significant bearing on the requirements of an application, and on the processing delays prior to issuance of a work visa.